The International Aerospace Quality Group
Implement initiatives that make significant improvements in quality and reductions in cost throughout the value stream by establishing and maintaining dynamic cooperation, based on trust, between international aerospace companies.
The IAQG consists of key leaders from aerospace companies working together. They represent three sectors:
- The Americas
The IAQG is sponsored by three existing bodies: the European Association of Aerospace Industries (AECMA), the SAE International, and the Society of Japanese Aerospace Companies (SJAC). The IAQG Council sets the policy, purpose and objectives of the organization and drives initiatives to meet the goals and objectives of the organization. The General Assembly is a communication forum for the Aerospace community worldwide. At these meetings the goals, objectives, and initiatives of the IAQG are presented, and all attendees are encouraged to provide input to the IAQG on priorities and objectives.
The members (about 50) are selected by the 3 sectors and cover the largest aerospace companies in the world (28 companies on board). All prime aerospace industry companies are eligible to be members of the IAQG General Assembly. The IAQG council is comprised of individuals selected from the General Assembly from the 3 sectors.
Why should your company be involved in the IAQG ?
IAQG is a cooperative organization of prime aerospace industry companies around the world which pool and exchange their experiences to jointly develop standards for high quality products.
Members of companies of IAQG will:
- Have the possibility to contribute to the setting of quality standards for the next decade;
- Have the opportunity to provide input into quality improvement policies, standards, and practices which will guide the international aerospace industry;
- Learn of common/shared tools and methods for quality improvement being used by the world's leading aerospace companies;
- Be exposed to new ideas and ways of thinking
Suppliers attending IAQG Assemblies will:
- Learn of the latest initiatives being pursued and promoted by IAQG
- Be exposed to ways to reduce cost through standardization of quality policies and practices
- Have the opportunity to network with key personnel from major aerospace companies who participate in the IAQG
- Provide the IAQG with suppliers' view point
The IAQG focuses on the continuous improvement of the processes within the supply chain to deliver consistently high quality products:
- To establish common quality standards and requirements (e.g. common aerospace basic quality systems, best practices in aerospace industry, etc.)
- To establish a process of continuous improvement for the products and processes
- To establish methods to share results (audits, etc.)
- To establish implementation plans which bring the initiatives to life